Most Innovative Law Firm - Mauritius
ERRIAH CHAMBERS was set up in response to the demand for Mauritiusbased lawyers with international exposure and specialized expertise in the fields of International tax law, International trusts law, International Business laws, and all aspect of offshore business activities. The Chambers specialises in International Trust, International Finance, Banking Law, Shipping Law, Aircraft Finance and Leasing, Project Finance, Corporate & Commercial Law, Litigation and cross border insolvency, tracing and debts recovery, enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards, arrest of foreign vessels, drafting of transactional documents.
ERRIAH CHAMBERS acts as legal adviser and legal consultant to various banks, corporate clients and High Net Wealth Individuals in Mauritius and internationally. More than 80% of the Chamber’s practice involves advising international clients, multinational enterprises, international law firms, the top ten international accountant firms, management companies, domestic and international banks. The Chambers is also involved in setting up of various investment funds with very complexed structures in India, various jurisdictions in Africa, and China etc. The Chambers provides litigation services, advice and legal opinions on any aspect of the laws of Mauritius, international tax planning, domestic taxation, import and export services, all cross-border transaction, hotel industry and construction law, international investments, international trusts law. Erriah Chambers is headed by Dev Erriah and consists of a team of nine barristers and has associateship with many foreign law firms. The Firm is also a member of LEX Africa - Africa’s First Legal Network for 2014.
The Firm has until now won the following Awards:
1. Acquisition International Legal Awards 2011 – Erriah Chambers – Mauritian Corporate Law Firm of the Year;
2. Chambers and Partners 2012 – Dev Erriah - Leading Lawyer in General Business Law
3. Chambers and Partners 2012 – Erriah Chambers - Leading Firm in General Business Law
4. Capital Finance International – Erriah Chambers – Best Law Firm Africa
5. World Finance Legal Awards 2012 – Dev Erriah– Best Tax Consultant, Mauritius
6. World Finance Legal Awards 2012 – Erriah Chambers – Best Tax Firm, Mauritius
7. ACQ Global Awards 2012 – Erriah Chambers – Corporate Law Firm of the year, Mauritius
8. Finance Monthly Global Awards 2012- Erriah Chambers- International Tax Law Firm of the Year, Mauritius.
9. ACQ Global Awards 2013(ACQ5) – Erriah
Chambers – Corporate Law Firm of the year,
10. Chambers and Partners 2014 – Dev Erriah - Leading Lawyer in General Business Law
11. Chambers and Partners 2014 – Erriah Chambers - Leading Firm in General Business Law
12. ACQ Global Awards 2014(ACQ5) – Erriah Chambers (Lex Africa) – Leading M&A Advisory Firm of the Year
13. Fenice Media – Corporate Live Wire – Most Outstanding Corporate Law Firm Mauritius – Innovation & Excellence Awards 2015
14. Acquisition International 2016 – Most Innovative Law Firm in Mauritius
15. ACQ5 – ACQ Law Awards 2016 – Erriah Chambers – Mauritius – Corporate Law Firm of the Year
16. M & A Today – Global Awards 2016 – Erriah Chambers - Mauritius – Corporate Law Firm of the Year
Dev Erriah graduated in the UK and holds LLM in international tax law, Company law, law of International Finance and International Trusts from the University of London. Dev Erriah worked for a number of years in England and did his pupilage with Philip Baker QC at Gray’s Inn Tax Chambers. Dev Erriah was the first Chairman of STEP Mauritius (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) respectively. He is also a member of the International Bar Association and forms part of Committees N (TAX) and E (Banking).
Areas of Practice: Commercial Litigation
- Represented Standard Chartered Bank (Mauritius) Limited in a commercial litigation for enforcement of various securities given in favour of the bank;
- Telecom Italia for Insolvency Matters
- Rhodes Trustees VS Dena Gamble & Ors C.A. No. 11 of 2014 (Final Court of Appeal) – Seychelles;
- Appleby Trust (Mauritius) Limited & Other vs Ms Cristina Crociani / Mrs. Camilla Crociani Anor – Privy Council.
Recent Aircraft Finance & Leasing & Project Finance
(1) Compagnie Française d’Assurance pour le Commerce Extérieur (COFACE);
(2) Billund Transaction – Billund Mauritius Leasing 2 Limited – ATR 72-600 MSN 1032, MSN 1023, MSN 1041, MSN 999, MSN 995 with Air Nostrum , Deutsche Bank and Clifford Chance LLP; and
(3) Air Asia (Mauritius) Limited – Financing and Leasing of Airbus A320-200 bearing MSN 5344, 5812, 5762, 5866, 5851, 5839, 5918, 4979, 4098, 4964, 4917 & others.
(4) Akara/Kingsgate - Asia Gold Ltd’s – Investec Bank, Credit Finance – King & Wood Mallesons
(5) Represented Bayport Management Ltd in connection with a USD 250 Million Loan from Overseas Private Investment Corporation (“OPIC”) a US government development finance institution.
- Key Client: Air Asia, Linklaters, Standard Chartered Bank, Clifford Chance, Investec Bank, Yes Bank Limited, White & Case Ltd, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Dentons UKMEA LLP, Enko Capital Management (Pty) Limited, OPIC.
International Work: All aspects of Global/Offshore business laws banking, Finance and Project, M&A; Commercial litigation; Corporate & Commercial, Trust, Tax and International Tax; International Trust Litigation.
Company: Erriah Chambers
Name: Dev R. ERRIAH
Email: email@example.com /
Address: 2nd Floor, Hennessy
Court, Cnr of Pope Hennessy
& Suffren Streets, Port Louis
Telephone: (230) 208 2220 /
(230) 208 3220 /
Fax : (230) 212 6967